We have updated App Inventor with some new features and bug fixes. Here is a summary of the changes. I’m particularly happy about the first item, since it opens up development of apps that can be used by non-english speakers:
- Added support for other (non-ascii) character sets, fonts
- Added a few more list operations
- Added a text replace command
- Added StrokeWidth property to Canvas
- Add a For block
- Added a DelimiterByte property to the bluetooth components.
- Support for choosing between multiply connected Android devices.
- Enable the display of hidden components in the Designer.
- Removing a variable definition now removes references to it
- Made the JNLP file downloading less gratuitous (i.e. to enable some cacheing)
- Alignment properties renamed to TextAlignment for clarity
- CheckBox’s Value property renamed to Checked for clarity
- Fixed an event serialization issue with Sprites when a sprite event handler calls a sprite function
- Image sprites now rotate their images when the sprite is rotated.
- Create new Java test for setup
- Added keyboard support for cancel (escape) and ok (enter) in the following dialogs: new project, rename component, save as, and checkpoint.
- Sorting projects by Date Created now works correctly.
- Exposed ServiceURL property getter and setter for Voting component
- Blocks editor no longer hangs on starting up the emulator
- Removed redundant dialog box in emulator setup
- Made functions and properties consistent in use of radians or degrees
- Deals better with uninitialized variables in blocks editor
- TextToSpeech component – language and country now work (at least on post-donut devices). Use the internal TTS library on newer devices.
- Graduated Bluetooth components out of “Not yet ready for prime time”
- Some old, corrupted, projects can now load in the blocks editor and not cause it to die.
Please note that some of the documentation, particularly the parts dealing with device connection and starting the emulator have not yet been updated. We’ll get that done as soon as we can.– The App Inventor Team
[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Google 日本語入力, carnation. carnation said: AppInventor日本語対応キターっ！！！ » 株式会社 来々軒: Added support for other (non-ascii) character sets, fonts; Added a few more … http://bit.ly/gIKz1K […]
Hi there, after reading this awesome paragraph i am too delighted to share my
familiarity here with colleagues.